Genre Hip- Hop
Practicing our right to free expression and provoking thought. Questioning authority in an authoritarian age. Why is it called Prophets? We have a message to deliver.
A collective of free thinkers.
GeiSt - Recording Artist
Crossworm - Producer
Philip Shirley - Executive Producer
Chad Carsten - A&R
Em is up to his old gags on his impressive sequel LP
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is the kind of sequel that gets people shouting at the screen in disbelief before their seats are warmed up. The first song, “Bad Guy,” is seven white-knuckled minutes of psycho-rap insanity in which Stan’s little brother comes back to chop Slim Shady into Slim Jims, tossing him into the trunk and driving around Detroit – listening to The Marshall Mathers LP, of course. “How’s this for publicity stunt? This should be fun/Last album now, ‘cause after this you’ll be officially done,” Em raps, playing his own killer.
Eminem could use a publicity stunt, and The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is just what the therapist ordered. During the 13 years since The Marshall Mathers LP, he’s never lost his acrobat-gremlin skills on the mic. But some subsequent albums felt hermetic, perverting rage into rock-star griping on 2004’s Encore, horror-show shock tactics on 2009’s Relapse and 12-step purging on 2010’s Recovery. The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is about reclaiming a certain freewheeling buoyancy, about pissing off the world from a more open, less cynical place; he even says sorry to his mom on “Headlights,” where he’s joined by Nate Ruess of fun.
Nostalgia is everywhere. Em surrounds himself in allusions to classic hip-hop, like the Beastie Boys samples producer Rick Rubin laces together on “Berzerk.” It’s telling that the only guest MC is Kendrick Lamar on “Love Game,” probably because his slippery syllable-juggling owes a lot to Eminem.
Yet Em’s former obsession – his own media image – has been replaced with a 41-year-old’s cranky concerns. He’s still a solipsistic cretin, but in a more general, everyday sort of way. He raps about how he can’t figure out how to download Luda on his computer and waves the Nineties-geek flag with references to Jeffrey Dahmer and the Unabomber. He’s playing his best character: the demon spawn of Trailer Hell, America, hitting middle age with his middle finger up his nose while he cleans off the Kool-Aid his kids spilled on the couch.
Much of the album hews to the stark beats and melodies he loves rapping over. But the tracks that lean on classic rock are loopy and hilarious. “Rhyme or Reason” brilliantly flips a sample of the Zombies' “Time of the Season”; when the song asks, “Who's your daddy,” Em answers, “I don't have one/My mother reproduced like a Komodo dragon.” “So Far . . .” shows some love for a Rust Belt homey by rhyming over Joe Walsh's “Life's Been Good”: “Jed Clampett, Fred Sanford, welfare mentality helps to/Keep me grounded, that's why I never take full advantage of wealth/I managed to dwell within these perimeters/Still cramming the shelves full of Hamburger Helper/I can't even help it, this is the hand I was dealt to.”
MM LP 2 fits in well in the year of Yeezus and Magna Carta . . . Holy Grail, records by aging geniuses trying to figure out what the hell to do with their dad-ass selves. (It’s like hip-hop is the new Wilco or something.) Since Em has always been a mess, he’ll probably still be able to give us pause when he’s rhyming about retirement ventures through dentures and cleaning out the colostomy bag he wears up inside his saggy drawers. MM LP 3, 2026. Let’s do this.
This is what the steps currently look like, where natas shot the “Life After Death” cover. Photo by Daniel Jordan, who signed to Esham’s Reel Life Productions.
Ten years ago today, the 1st Devilz Nite was released (back then it was called Devil’s Nite) Today, it’s twisted cousin begins. MONSTERS is the newest compilation series run by David Talley and Chad Thomas Carsten
Download here for Free!
1. Midwest Monsters ft Crossworm – Monster’s Mash
2. J Reno & GrewSum – It’s Just Halloween
3. Nutkaze – Cataclysmic Visions
4. Vice Gripp ft $woop & Ringleader Shon – We’re All In The Morgue
5. KannibalistiK – World of Shit
6. Uncle Lurch – Pumpkin Skies
7. DonnieMenace DocEvoll – ImAPsycho!
8. Shadowless – Underground
9. Yersiniapestis Horrorcore – Devils Night
10. OutbreakMonkey ft Toe Tag – Monster (Desecrated Mix)
Cover 1 Bonus Track Heaven-Tell Me About Demons Featuring J Reno and KannibalistiK
Cover 2 Bonus Track- Bane of No Pretense- Avant Gardener
w/ Apathy, Bizarre, Celph Titled, PMD & Sean Strange (of The Goondox), ILL Bill, King Gordy, Reef the Lost Cauze, SID (of Slipknot), Slaine, Swifty Mcvay, Tech N9ne & Vinnie Paz
Beat Produced by: Sentury Status
Scratches by: DJ Eclipse (of Non Phixion)
Directed/Produced/Edited by: Tom Vujcic
Executive Produced by: J.F. Martin & Amir Radi
Cinematography by: Matt Cree, J.F. Martin, Delaney Siren & Dave Stuart
VFX by: Dave Cadiz
Associate Producers: Bill Mak & Stephen MacDonald
Production Assistants: Aleks Antic & Ryan Fitzmaurice
The first single from our upcoming album “THE UNDERWORLD” is the title track, and consists of 13 emcees who have formerly worked with REEL WOLF. These 13 emcees are APATHY, BIZARRE, CELPH TITLED, PMD & SEAN STRANGE (of The Goondox), ILL BILL, KING GORDY, REEF THE LOST CAUZE, SID (from metal band Slipknot), SLAINE, SWIFTY MCVAY, VINNIE PAZ & first time collaboration with Strange Music’s TECH N9NE. The video was filmed in 7 different cities and illustrates a darker side of hip hop.
REEL WOLF PRESENTS: THE UNDERWORLD
Coming November 26th, 2013
1. INTRODUCTION TO HELL Feat. Louie Rankin
2. THE UNDERWORLD Feat. Bizarre, Reef the Lost Cauze, ILL Bill, Slaine, Celph Titled, King Gordy, SID, The Goondox, Apathy, Swifty McVay, Vinnie Paz & Tech N9ne
3. SICK IN THE MOUTH (REPRISE) Feat. J Reno, Bizzy Bone & Virtuoso
4. FUCK LOVE TWICE Feat. Madchild, Trash Gordon & Kuniva
5. PLANNING A MURDER Feat. So Sick Social Club & SID (of Slipknot)
6. THE WRATH Feat. Danny Diablo, Swifty McVay, Sean Strange & Diabolic
7. EVERYDAY (REPRISE) Feat. Final Trigger, Swann & Psych Ward
8. GHOSTED Feat. William Cooper, Adlib, King Magnetic, Klee Magor, Odoub, Sicknature & Jah Youth
9. MORE FLICKERING Feat. So Sick Social Club, Kung Fu Vampire, Hopsin & Dead Celebrity Status
10. T.H.C. Feat. Methadist, Raw B Snatch, Peep Sho, Set2, Swann, Veeko Caine, Impakt, Citizen Kane, M Deezy, Anubis, Devilz Species & Trinz
11. US VS. THEM (REPRISE) Feat. Psych Ward, Bizarre & Insane Poetry
12. WALK AWAY Feat. ILL Bill, Sabac Red, So Sick Social Club & Ironic
13. THE UNDERWORLD (COLD NORTH REMIX) Feat. Klee Magor, Psych Ward, J Reno, Swann, D-Brown, Seen B, Methadist, Veeko Caine, Mr. Erbie & Suspect
*14. THE UNDERWORLD (GOON MUSICK REMIX) Produced by Snowgoons
*15. THE UNDERWORLD (HELL TRAP REMIX) Produced by Sentury Status
*16. THE UNDERWORLD (SLIME REMIX) Produced by J Nyce
PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM HERE:
For more information go to: